2019 EAST BAY RACEWAY PARK WINTERNATIONALS
CRATE LATE MODEL RULES
JANUARY 31-FEBRUARY 2, 2019
GM CRATE ENGINES ONLY:
- Engines MUST BE as supplied by GM Perforomance Motorsports and are required to have either original GM Factory Seals, East Bay approved, Fastrak approved or NeSmith Racing approved seals ONLY.
- The engine is permitted to set back a maximum of six inches (6″) from center of ball joint to front of most forward spark plus hole.
- Carburetor is limited to one(1) four (4) barrel, air horn optional. Gas or alcohol only.
GM Crate 604 engines may use one (1) carburetor spacer measuring one (1) inch with a maximum .040 inch tolerance.
GM Crate 602 engines may use one (1) carburetor spacer measuring two (2) inches with a maximum .040 inch tolerance.
GM Crate engines 604 and 602 may also use two (2) standard paper gaskets (maximum .070 inch thick), one between carburetor and intake and one between carburetor and spacer
- NO fuel injection devices, vacuum pumps, electric fuel pumps, electric water pumps, turbochargers or blowers permitted.
- Magnetos are permitted. MUST have operating self starter.
- GM part number 88958602, GM part number 88958604(new part #19318604) are the only approved crate motors. GM heads # 19300955 are legal.
- These engines are sealed at the intake manifold, cylinder head, front cover and oil pan with special twist off bolt heads. These bolts must not be altered, modified, damaged or changed from factory specifications.
- The sealed engines must remain intact and not be tampered with in any manner. Any seals that have been removed or tampered with will make the engine illegal and not eligible for competition.
- Any crate engine with that has been re-built and has East Bay Raceway Park, Fastrak or NeSmith seals or “RM” bolts are subject to the protest tear down rules of East Bay Raceway Park.
- GM Performance Crate Engines: 602 or 604 (All crate engines, whether factory sealed or sealed by approved re-builder)
Valve Springs MUST BE AS SUPPLIED BY GM.
GM valve springs Only!
602 engines: GM part #10212811 valve springs ONLY!
604 engines: GM part #12551483 or #12625033 valve springs ONLY!
NO BREZINSKI or other AFTER MARKET valve springs allowed.
Valve spring retainers and keepers are optional.
GM retro valve spring conversion #19300952 is legal.
GM, Brezinski or other after market retainers and keepers are allowed.
THE PENALTY FOR ANYONE TAMPERING WITH SEALS, MODIFYING ANY INTERNAL ENGINE PARTS OR CHANGING THE PARTS FROM STOCK AS DELIVERED SEALED FROM THE FACTORY WILL BE SUBJECT TO EXPULSION FROM RACING AT EAST BAY RACEWAY PARK FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON AND POSSIBLE FUTURE SEASONS.
The engine serial numbers and the serial numbers on the approved seals must remain clear and legible to East Bay Raceway Park officials at all times. Tampering or modifying either of these will also lead to disqualification of engine from eligibility for competition.
GM Crate 602 and 604 engines must have collector type headers. MUST have four (4) tubes into one (1) collector of a consistent diameter.
Schoenfeld 112535 or 112530 mufflers are mandatory.
NO Tri-Y headers or merged headers allowed.
NO square-tube headers allowed.
GM 602 and 604 may use any electronic distributor-type ignition. No crank trigger, distributorless multi-coil, or magneto ignition system.
ONLY approved non-altered HOOSIER HTS spec 1300, HTS spec 1350, HTS spec 1600, D-21, FT200, FT400, FT600, Crate Racin’ D-21 or Crate Racin’ D-55 will be allowed.
NO TREATMENTS, GROOVING OR SIPING OF ANY TIRE ALLOWED!
NO tire treatments or softeners of any type allowed. No soaking of tires. No chemicals of any type which alter softness of rubber allowed on or inside tire except oxygen or nitrogen.
Minimum hardness of tires will be announced in drivers meeting.
Tire protest fee is $150 per tire protested. LAB RESULTS ARE FINAL AND BINDING.
WEIGHT RULE FOR TIRE USED:
Hoosier D-21: 602 must weigh 2150 lbs.
604 must weigh 2250 lbs.
Hoosier Crate Racin’ USA D-21, Crate Racin’ USA D-55 or spec 1350:
602 must weigh 2200 lbs.
604 must weigh 2300 lbs.
Hoosier spec 1300, FT-200, 400 or 600: 602 must weigh 2250 lbs.
604 must weigh 2350 lbs.
All weights are with driver after completion of event.. There will be NO BURN OFF ALLOWED.
NO TREATMENTS, GROOVING OR SIPING ALLOWED OF ANY TIRE!!
Mismatching of compounds will be allowed, but car must weigh the heaviest weight of tires on car.
Examples: Car with 3 D-21 and 1 FT-200 will be required to weigh 2350 lbs.
Car with 2 D-21 and 2 Crate Racin’ D-21 will be required to weigh 2300 lbs.
SPOILER AND DECK HEIGHT RULES:
Maximum spoiler height is 8″ with 3 braces no taller than 8″ and no longer than 18- 1/2″ forward of where spoiler is mounted and no longer than 5″ backward of spoiler mount(bottom of spoiler).
Spoiler braces must have a 5″ radius on back side of spoiler.
Maximum deck height is a maximum of 38″ from ground to top of deck. There will be a 1″ tolerance allowed.
Any other rules in question are covered by East Bay Raceway Park General Rules (available online at www.eastbayracewaypark.com) or will be clarified during drivers meetings on the day of events. Any changes before January 15, 2019 will be posted online.