2018 4-CYLINDER BOMBER / GLADIATOR FRONT WHEEL DRIVE RULES
This class is a beginner class. It is designed for new drivers to get into and be able to have a good racing and learning experience for as little costs as possible. We do not want professional or experienced drivers competing in this class. East Bay Raceway Park reserves the right to not allow an experienced driver to compete in this class.
All drivers ages 14-17 will be required to have an SFI-38.1 approved head and neck restraint system in place and fully operational at all times that they are on
the racing surface at EAST BAY RACEWAY PARK.
This will be mandatory for all racers under the age of 18.
It is not mandatory for anyone 18 or above, but it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for them as well.
This class is a swap claimer class. In order to keep costs down on all cars, any driver having competed in the class for a minimum of 6 race events will be allowed to claim any car finishing ahead of them. The claiming driver must also have finished on the lead lap of event winner. The claim will be a swap/claim for $1200. The driver wishing to swap cars must take $1200 cash to head flagman on front straight immediately following completion of feature event. Drivers only can make claim. Flagman will alert race director to the car being claimed and then both cars will be impounded and pushed (not driven) to tech area for swap. The drivers will swap cars after un-bolting only safety items that they wish to keep. Nothing under the hood will be allowed to be un-bolted.
The claim/swap rule will not be allowed to be abused. If it is felt to be abused as in personal vendettas, the claiming driver will not be allowed to claim/swap and possibly be barred from further participation in the class. We just want to keep this class under control to keep costs down and keep the enjoyment levels up.
ANY DRIVER WINNING A FEATURE EVENT, WILL BE REQUIRED TO START THE NEXT EVENT THEY COMPETE IN FROM THE REAR OF THE FIELD IN HEAT AND FEATURE EVENT.
ALL DRIVERS must furnish tech manual or copy of tech manual for make and model and engine being used.
DRIVER has until third night of competition to furnish to East Bay Raceway Park head Tech man.
If Driver does not furnish tech manual or copy of tech manual by third night of competition, he will not be eligible to recieve any points or monies for any events that he competes in.
- Any 4-cylinder front wheel drive car with a maximum wheel base of 106” and a completely stock, un-altered frame and suspension, with the following exceptions are legal.
NO sports cars, high performance or limited production vehicles.
NO rotary, turbo-charged or super-charged engines.
NO bracing anywhere except inside the drivers compartment.
All dash and steering panels must remain stock and unaltered for that make and model of car.
All insulation under the hood and trunk must be removed.
All glass and lights must be removed. All loose materials, broken glass must be removed from car.
All airbags, if equipped, must be disarmed, discharged or removed completely.
Dual overhead cam engines are allowed.
All parts on car should be stock as supplied by manufacturer unless otherwise specified in rules.
Any alterations or modifications of car other than stock as supplied by manufacturer will be subject to disqualification.
Any additional weight or lead added for handling purposes is subject to disqualification.
Any lead added to make weight rule must be added on right side between door bars. Must be painted white with car number legible on it. Any lead under 25 lbs, minimum one 1/2” bolt with washers and lock nuts. Any lead weighing more than 25 lbs. Must have two 1/2” bolts with washers and lock nuts. Any added weight must approved by head tech man.
All cars are required to have a take-off steering wheel. Mandatory by 3rd week of season
OEM Stock bumpers or maximum 1 3/4 inch X .095 tubing bumper plus one(1) loop bar above bumper maximum twenty-four(24) inches wide by six(6) inches high.
All bumpers must be turned back towards frame rails and have no sharp or blunt edges exposed.
Any car with an engine 2.0 liters or above must weigh a minimum 2400 lbs.
Any car with an engine 1.9 liters or less must weigh a minimum 2200 lbs.
- Stock, unaltered carburetor/fuel injection system for that make and model of car.
- Stock, unaltered transmission/ trans-axle for that make and model of car.
- Battery must be secured inside of car and covered from driver. Only one 12 volt battery per car.
Battery disconnect switch reccommended to be mounted behind drivers seat with access by track officials.
- Stock, unaltered rear end for that make and model of car.
- Passenger tires ONLY. Wheel size and tires must be of like size on all 4 tires. (NO mixing of wheel or tire sizes on car.).
ALL CARS MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH 1” LUG NUTS ON ALL FOUR WHEELS.
Tire sizes: 13” tires may be no larger than 185-70-13.
14” tires may be no larger than 195-70-14.
15” tires will be allowed. Maximum size is 205-65-15
Wheels may be racing wheels or double plated and use larger lug nuts.
Maximum offset is 3 inches. Maximum width is 6” (5” inside bead to bead)
Maximum of 3 degrees camber is allowed in front end or rear end.
DOT tires only as used on street. No Mud tires, snow tires or high performance tires.
NO GROOVING OR SIPING OF TIRES ALLOWED.
NO SOFTENING OR TREATING OF TIRES IN ANY MANNER.
- Gas tank: If stock gas tank is ahead of rear axle, it may remain in place. If stock gas tank is behind rear axle, it must be replaced with an approved fuel cell or boat tank (maximum of 8 gallons). Fuel cell/boat tank must be securely mounted and located in front of trunk area. MUST be mounted in a steel box with a minimum of two 1” straps securely holding in place. Must have a suitable firewall between driver’s area and tank.If car not equipped with a factory shut off valve/switch, a fuel cutoff valve/ switch must be mounted within reach of driver, safety crew and track officials.Handle of cutoff valve/switch must be painted red and legibly marked FUEL CUTOFF.
- Roll bars are Mandatory: 4 point roll cage with two mounting points in front of driver and two behind driver. Drivers cage should be width of interior of car.
Driver’s side minimum of two horizontal crash bars should be installed connecting the down bars of the roll cage to the main loop around driver. To protect driver from bottom of cage caving in a side impact. Two(2) down tubes from main rear hoop to rear frame will be allowed. These down tubes are not allowed to attach to the spring or strut towers. They must be mounted to frame behind towers.
If you have questions, ASK tech personnel.
- Driver’s door must be welded, bolted or chained shut. Driver side door plate is mandatory.
- Helmets: Approved (SNELL 2000 or newer).
- Race type seat belts (5 point harness minimum).
A full double layer approved fire suit is mandatory.
Fire safety gloves and a neck brace are mandatory.
Window net is mandatory.
Fire extinguisher in reach of driver is mandatory.
Full window screen, minimum 1” x 2” is mandatory.
- Driver floor pan must be complete and complete width of car. NO holes.
- MUFFLERS: All cars must have a stock, unaltered or OEM stock replacement muffler.
All cars are also subject to passing sound meter level of 98 dbl. or less.
NO CHERRY BOMB OR HIGH PERFORMANCE MUFFLERS OR EXHAUST SYSTEMS ALLOWED.
- All cars are subject to a minimum inspection at any time. It is the responsibility of the driver to prepare and maintain a proper and safe racing vehicle.
- ALL CARS MUST HAVE NUMBERS ON BOTH SIDES AND ROOF A MINIMUM OF
24” TALL AND CONTRASTING IN COLOR. MUST BE LEGIBLE. IF DAMAGED,
DRIVER, IS REQUIRED TO REPAIR BEFORE NEXT EVENT.
- East Bay Raceway Park reserves the right to claim any car at any time. The claiming amount is $1200. Safety equipment will be unbolted and returned to owner.
- NO suggestive or offensive language, symbols or numbers allowed on cars
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM THE PUBLICATION OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended entirely as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official.
The race director or Head Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in their opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. AN EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATIONS OR DEVIATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials and is final and binding.
On occasion when situations arise that are not covered by written rules herein, special rulings may be put into effect by the track officials. Once such rulings are acted upon, they may become an act of policy and will be added to the existing rules of procedures.
The Management of East Bay Raceway Park